Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Merry Christmas.....from another planet

"from another planet"

view the entire post here…or a short summary below

….He knows us and he knows our needs, even before we ask.  And He loves us so much that He gives, and gives and gives.

My little friend, Petra, recently reminded me of this. She often treats me at church on Sunday morning by shyly coming over to sit with me. Then we try to converse, which is limited by my Romanian language skills. She usually tries out some English words she's learned,                                  
which amounts to "yes," "good morning," and "thank you" and I ask her about her cat or eating pizza! But last Sunday, in the middle of a conversation about her cat (or so I thought), she burst out with "I LOVE YOU!" in English. I was surprised and happy and thankful all at the same time. I needed that sweet gesture and God used little Petra to bless me! 
(God knows our needs even before we ask...)

Later, as we enjoyed an outing with Petra's family,  her Mom shared that Petra recently inquired about me, "Is she visiting from another planet?"   Her Mom explained, "No, sweetie, not from another planet, from another country!"  

I had to think that sometimes here in Romania, I feel like I could be from another planet. But for the most part, it is quite comfortable and peaceful to be here serving where God has placed me, even when I don't exactly  fit in.  

The truth is, as believers, we are not "from here," wherever that may be. And our time on earth is short. "...our citizenship is in heaven - and we also await a savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ." Philippians 3:20  Hard concept to grasp but the truth remains.

We pray that in this season, God grants you whatever you need, with extra blessings of peace, joy and comfort to you and your families. And may you in turn, be a blessing to others.  

Always know that Christ came for US, eventually went to the cross for US, and will someday return for US!  And THAT is the Hope of Christmas.


Note: This was written collaboratively and extended from the two of us, although the story is from Brenda's perspective. If you know Jim, you know that he is a man of many words when speaking about Jesus Christ, but a man of few words in writing.  :)   If he had prepared this post alone, he would have simply said,  
"Merry Christmas!"


Sincerely,
 
Jim and Brenda Brosch
Serve, International


http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs016/1103243627968/archive/1108998145090.html

No comments:

Post a Comment